15 September 2009

Dre, Morgan, et al.

Loving you still is
like driving slowly
past a car wreck

Blood, guts & adrenaline
You are my pause in
the fast lane

Little else matters
in this calm + storm combined
We are trapped and entwined.

Coasting down this road
Gripping the highway
I am on my way home--

--------

If I try, I can still
remember your look.
You are revolving, a tribute to your
birthright. You should have known better.
Revolving, changing like the moon--
any minute you could change.
Your face shifts, and I know again-
You are not real. I dream at night.

------------

Forgotten & forbidden
taste& smell
this is me unwritten

This is me as I am.
This is a life beyond words.
Take this in. Roll it over your tongue. Inhale.

So I find you again, between my
head and my heard, you linger
with the force of a stampede.

---------------

You were a misshapen cradle
in my ginkgo tree

I am broken glass
under your combat boots

And I tried, so hard, not to become
red clay under your shaded feet,

No comments: